Several major construction projects are still taking over some Topeka roads.
If you’ll be out and about in Topeka this weekend, here’s a quick reminder of some ongoing construction projects around town.
- The City of Topeka shut down all traffic on SW 21st St. from just west of West Ridge Mall to just east of Urish Rd. earlier this week. The $2.8 million project will widen that stretch from two to five lanes. Bettis Asphalt and Construction is in-charge of the work. This project has a tentative end date of mid-November 2013.
- If 45th St. SE from Topeka Blvd. to Adams St. is part of your commute, plan to find a different way. The strip is expanding over the next several months.
- If you travel along Urish Rd. SW between 33rd and Swonthold, planning a new route is also a good idea. That stretch of Urish is closed to all traffic during construction.
Other projects according to the City of Topeka’s website:
- The eastbound left turn lane on Huntoon to northbound Topeka Blvd is closed until this Tuesday. The sidewalk from the alley to Topeka Blvd. along the north side of Huntoon is also closed to pedestrians.
- The northbound right lanes of the 1700 and 1800 blocks of S Kansas Ave. are closed until this Tuesday for curb and gutter replacement and repairs.
- SE 21st St. between California and Highland is closed to traffic for street repairs until mid-July 2013. The marked detour is California to 25th to Highland to 21st. Homeowners in the area will have limited access during the project.
- SW 37th is closed to through traffic between Fairlawn and Wanamaker and Fairlawn between 34th and 37th. This is a three-phase project, but traffic is closed throughout the duration of the project. The City of Topeka said the detour is 37th and Wanamaker to 29th to Fairlawn. Local traffic will have access during the project, but those access points will change as the project progresses. [lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16x9&auto_start=1&div_id=videoplayer-1365782045&height=480&page_count=5&pf_id=9622&show_title=1&va_id=4015618&width=640&windows=1 service=syndicaster width=640 height=480 div_id=videoplayer-1365782045 type=script]