Person Taken to Hospital after House Fire

10309B00-KMWPR

On Monday, around 9:35 PM the Topeka Fire Department responded to 1912 SW Belle Ave on the report of a fire.

When fire fighters arrived, they found one person lying in the front yard, and saw smoke coming from the home.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire.

At first crews thought there were still people in the house, but later everyone out found outside the home unharmed. The person lying in the yard was taken to a Topeka hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

An investigator determined the fire started accidentally in a sewing room located in the southeast corner of the home from an unattended space heater.

Damage is estimated at $1,000.00 in structural damage and $5,000.00 in content damage.

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus