Electrical issue starts fire in Topeka family’s attic

flames//fire

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1369664948&height=400&page_count=5&pf_id=9622&show_title=1&va_id=4073357&width=600&windows=1 service=syndicaster width=600 height=400 div_id=videoplayer-1369664948 type=script]

An electrical issue is being blamed for a fire that scorched a family’s attic.

The family is safe after the fire broke out Sunday evening in the single story home on the 5800 block of S.E. Cross in Topeka, about 6 p.m.

Firefighters say the family was inside when they noticed the burning, got out and called 911. Most of the attic was burned, but it did not spread to the rest of the house.

blog comments powered by Disqus