Wamego family’s home destroyed by flames

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?div_id=videoplayer-1376278579&height=510&page_count=5&pf_id=9622&va_id=4217174&width=480&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=480 height=510 div_id=videoplayer-1376278579 type=script]

WAMEGO, KS — One Wamego family of three is without a home after a fire broke out Sunday afternoon.

Wamego Fire Deputy Chief, Lyle Markey, says they got the call of a trailer fire in the 300 block of Maple. The home is a total loss, no one was injured during the fire, but the family dog was killed in the fire.

Fire officials estimate about $23,000 worth of damage was done to the home.

The State Fire Marshal was called out to the scene to investigate, but fire officials say the fire was accidentally started.

“That it was an accidental fire, electrical in nature, no foul play involved,” said Markey.

Wamego Fire is reminding everyone to turn off all electrical devices when no one is home, especially this time of year.

Lewisville and Saint John’s Fire assisted in battling the flames. Red cross is assisting the family.

blog comments powered by Disqus