Kansas Fist News is looking for a part-time Digital Content Producer (DCP) to join our digital team. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day news content, as well as designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio.
• must be able to work both independently and with newsroom and digital staff
• produce accurate, compelling content for a variety of digital platforms under deadline
• able to focus on the details, but also see the big picture to assist in generating brand-specific digital content which compliments the on-air product
• Produce stories that are factually accurate, fair and balanced in content, and written and delivered in a clear and concise manner
• Obtain news information by developing sources and using research and interviewing skills
• Contribute ideas for news stores, and participate in editorial meetings
• be a strong writer with news and editorial experience
• working knowledge of the Internet and the digital media landscape.
Applicants must have newsroom experience; reporter/video journalist experience (1-2 years minimally) is preferred. Knowledge about Topeka and NE Kansas is a plus. You must possess or be able to obtain a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Contact Details: Mail resume to: Kansas First News 6835 NW Highway 24 Topeka, Kansas 66618 Email resume to: HR@kansasfirstnews.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V