One person injured in Topeka house fire

One person was injured in a house fire early Monday evening.

The fire started just after 4:30pm at 309 southeast Chandler Street.

The one woman who lived at the residence was taken to the hospital and is being treated for burns on her arms.

The shift commander says the fire was put out relatively quickly.

Four people evacuated their home next door – which sustained minor fire damage.

The estimated cost of damage to the home is $18,000.

The cause of the fire is being classified as accidental – faulty wiring and a space heater are to blame .

blog comments powered by Disqus