Family pet killed in SE Topeka fire

2014-03-12_09-59-09_183-1

A family pet died after a fire Wednesday morning at the house of a firefighter.

Fire broke out inside a home belonging to Kristopher and Elizabeth Dodds just after 9 this morning at 4128 SE 23rd Terrace.

The call originally came out as a vacant house but when crews arrived, they found out it actually belonged to a Shawnee Heights Fire District Firefighter.

Crews were able to put out the fire in less than an hour and damage was mostly contained to the interior of the home.

Firefighters searched the home and found the family dog unresponsive. Crews were unable to revive it.

A fund has been set up for the Dodds family, you can donate at the Topeka Fireman’s Credit Union.

The Shawnee Heights Fire District is also accepting clothing donations for the family.

blog comments powered by Disqus