SW Topeka house fire started on front porch

Photo By: Don Bolerjack, Kansas First News
Photo By: Don Bolerjack, Kansas First News

Investigators say an afternoon house fire in Topeka started on the front porch.

It happened at a home at 634 SW Western Avenue at 1:18pm Friday.

When emergency personal arrived on scene flames and smoke had taken over the front porch and some of the main floor of the home.

Investigators say they don’t know what started the fire.

The house has about $12,000 dollars in damage.

Luckily, no one was home at the time.

The fire department says the fire was put out quickly this afternoon.

blog comments powered by Disqus