Man leaps from burning bedroom window

Topeka fighters at residential fire at 1830 NW Tyler Street Wednesday.
Topeka fighters at residential fire at 1830 NW Tyler Street Wednesday.

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – One man was forced to jump from a second story bedroom window when a fire broke out in that bedroom Wednesday.

The fire was reported about 1515 SW Tyler Street in Topeka by the man as he escaped out the window.

Firefighters say othe people living in the house escaped from the first floor before firefighters got there.

They found heavy smoke and fire coming from the second floor.

The cause hasn’t been determined yet, but the damage estimates are about $35,000.

blog comments powered by Disqus